Well it’s 2012, and apparently the Mayans want us all dead. Since it’s our last 350 odd days on earth, here are my resolutions:
- Develop a consistent family worship time.
- Memorize Philippians and Ephesians.
- Read through the Pentateuch in Hebrew and the Gospels in Greek (stole this from my bro-in-law…he said “read through the Hebrew Bible…he crazy…).
- Write 5 book reviews and 3 articles.
- Blog once a week.
- Eat less fried stuff and fast food, drink more water.
- Be more Kingdom conscious in my spending.
- And last but obviously most importantly, love my wife, children, and God more than I did last year.
The first four are quantitative, and thus I can measure my progress. They’re also, though, the easier of the four to accomplish because of that. I hope, though, that they will help me with the all important #8.
#5 gives me a target for this site, although I doubt I will live up to it. I’m going to try and plan ahead for this year…
#s 6 and 7 are in there just because I’ve gained probably 15 pounds since Turkey Day and I splurge too much on books and such.